The 7 Initiatives
December 2015 Update
1. Expand the Core
Grow the committed core within Christ Church
This year, we restructured our membership course, Exploring Membership. This gives us the opportunity to share our vision and values and answer questions people may have about connecting to the church. Exploring Membership is offered every six to seven weeks. We focus on smaller classes where discussion and conversation can take place.
- New members since setting Initiatives:
- 268 professions of faith since 2012
2. Develop a Discipleship Culture
Make disciples who make disciples in their home, neighborhood and workplace
- People participating in discipleship classes:
2014: 400 (Covenant Bible Study has 184)
- Hosted two marriage conferences with 400 attending
3. Grow Missional Influence in the City and the World
Be the hands and feet of Jesus
- Orphan Crisis Team: created an adoption fund, and two families are in the process of adopting
- Yugo Family Mission Trip: four lay-led trips with more than 200 people involved in three years
- Leading the way with collaborative missional efforts in the city
- 36 wells in Zambia
4. Expand the Young Adult Core
Invest in the future leadership of the church
- We created a young adult pastor position.
- In 2012 we had 40 young adult members involved in Sunday school. Today we have 240.
- The average age of new members has gone from 46 to 41 from 2012-2015.
- We had one young adult class before 2012. Currently there are four. These are our fastest growing classes.
5. Create a Culture of Care
Share life together and practice hospitality
- 31 Congregational Care ministers trained and launched
- 653 appointments with Mosaic counselor since we established the ministry in 2012
- Thriving, active Senior Adult ministry with connectional opportunities monthly; highlighted by Senior Adult Banquet with several hundred in attendance
6. New Worship Opportunities
Glorify God together inside and outside the walls of Christ Church
Three new worship services:
- online campus averages 80
- The Altar on Saturday night averages 80
- The Table on Sunday averages 180
7. Christ Church Global
Expand the ministry of Christ Church across the street and around the world
- Created two televisions programs, You Matter and We Believe in Memphis
- More than 100 episodes of We Believe in Memphis and You Matter televised during the past two years
- Asbury-Memphis established with more than 60 students enrolled; new director hired by the seminary
- Eight separate books/booklets created by the publishing arm of Christ Church Global