In church, no one should have to whisper about their struggles.
Current Services Offered
A Coordinating Team has been formed to lead this ministry moving forward. The Coordinating Team of the No Whispers Initiative is developing a list of support services.
1ST & 3RD TUESDAYS | 6 PM | WILSON/ROSS 405
If you or a family member is struggling with mental, emotional, physical or any other of life's challenges, join us for encouragement and support so you know you’re not alone. Questions? Contact Dr. Cynthia Davis, 261-4386.
CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUP
2ND & 4TH THURSDAYS | NOON | DUNNAM 335
For anyone who struggles with the challenges of caring for someone with a chronic illness; led by Dr. Cynthia Davis, 261-4386.
Summary & Description
To provide a safe, informative, responsive and supportive culture for individuals and families/friends of individuals dealing with emotional, relational, spiritual and physical health issues. The ministry works with any and all spiritual communities willing to stand up for voiceless individuals currently struggling with mental illness.
Our Plan Model
- Care about the issue with direct/affirmative responsive
- Help with practical issues for support
- Use volunteers to respond to the needs of those dealing with issues as listed above
- Remove stigma by providing public support and advocacy
- Collaborate with others in the community to provide services and broaden the scope of support
- Offer Hope--provide a voice of hope and optimism that moves the community to respond
What can you do? We believe every believer:
- Has a moral imperative to care about this issue particularly as it affects so many of our brothers and sisters
- Has a spiritual gift and passion area that allows for him or her to support the work of No Whispers in some substantive way
- Must act now as a means of stabilizing the effects of mental illness, family breakdown and the scourge of rejection and addiction in our community
- Must select ONE area of our plan to begin--just ONE--so that God can open the way for further support and significance in our response together
- The Dennis H. Jones Living Well Network: Learn about depression, anxiety, risky drinking & suicidal feelings & find resources to help you on the road to recovery.
- MentalHealth.gov: One-stop access to U.S. government mental health & mental health problems information
- Great article for pastors in distress