Chainda is a community of over 40,000 in Zambia, all in some way affected by HIV/AIDS, who have been uprooted and moved to the capital city to have access to the drugs that they need to survive. Imagine that half are children, many who do not know if they will have a meal each day, much less any chance for an education or a brighter future. Will anyone stand in the gap?
Christ Church is making an intentional decision to stand in that gap directly with Christ Feeds. Working together with Stop Hunger Now, groups will package healthy and sustainable meals to be sent directly to our partner in Zambia, Mercy Ministries. The food will offer nourishment to the HIV affected community and over 350 children served by the local school.
Christ Feeds will be quite different this year, and there are some important things for you to know:
- The event will occur on Sunday morning, October 16th, in Seabrook Hall.
- There are two different shifts for you to choose from on the morning, 8:30 or 11:00.
- Worship will be combined all morning in the sanctuary with normal service times, allowing you to both worship and serve.
- All Sunday School classes will not meet.
- Nursery and Pre-K classes will be available for children under the age of four.
- There will also be a Serving and Engagement Fair through the church with ways to get involved in our church, our community, and around the world.
IN MEMORY OF MIKE SHEAHAN